Monday, November 12, 2012

Tevin Campbell - Can We Talk

He is said to be Quincy Jones' prodigy. Who doesn't know Quincy Jones. He is like a messiah when it comes to discovering new talents. It seems that he was the person responsible carving the pave for Tevin Campbell becoming an R&B artist. After the released of Tevin's 2nd album, I'm Ready in Fall of 93 this video clip was aired in MTV. I thought it was really pure, sweet and cute. This song is about high school kids first crush.  It fitted Tevin like a glove, perfect for him who was 16 years old and slowly maturing into adulthood.
(credit to You Tube)

Fall 93 semester was to be a very busy semester. My parents have been pressuring me about graduation. I'd registered for 5 classes and was planning for the Winter graduation. Unfortunately God had other plans for me. After 2 weeks of classes, I fell very sick and took the whole semester off due to a spine surgery and recovery period.

Well anyway, earlier in the semester I purchased a set of BOSE bookshelf speakers. It cost me USD340 and fitted it with my set of DENON CD player and an amplifier.  Yes! It sounded great.  In fact I still use the speakers until today in my bedroom.  Unfortunately my DENON set are sitting in the attic collecting dust.  The amp blew up sometime back for the second time due to my carelessness. I used a converter because voltage conversion from 110v to 220v. I mistakenly plugged it in, into the wrong socket and puff...it went dead! It is very difficult to locate a stereo shop which can fix this brand. The parts can be excessively expensive in Malaysia.

After the purchase I brought home my new speakers, I hooked it on to my amp and 5 disc carousel CD player.  And the first song I put on was Tevin Campbell's Can We Talk.  Obviously I wanna test how good the speaker was and I think I over did it.  The Japanese tenant above my apartment came knocking on my door and said that my music was too loud. OOppss sorry mamasan,...won't happened again.

No comments:

Post a Comment