Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Lisa Stansfield - Change

Her music is catagorized as R&B but in my opinion hers is leaning more towards sophisticated pop. Whatever it is, I like the beat and melody of this song. I was in  the States when I heard this song and quite surprise and happy to see a Brit made it big in the US. Not many made it to US song charts. Her album went platinum in the US in 1992.

(credit to You Tube)

If I could change, the way I live my life today
I wouldn't change a single thing
cause if I change my world into another place
I wouldn't see your smiling face....

The song inspired me to love myself and accepted myself just the way I am. I was far away from home and had only few close friends who I can rely on.

But I wonder why is it necessary to have a UK and US version. They are the same song, hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment