Monday, October 15, 2012

Sweet Love - Anita Baker

She has been one of my favorite artist. Queen of R&B, SOUL and JAZZ. Anita Baker sings from the heart. Each word in every line was define to the fullest. She understands what the lyric means and meant to her. She is very expressive. That is what differentiate a singer and a performer. Anita Baker is BOTH.

Anita Baker showed me R&B.

I started listening to her while I was studying at Sunway College in 1989. My group of friends were from up scale families and they only listen to selective type of music, R&B being one of it. So I pun terikut and listening more and more of R&B. I have the highest respect in her whenever she performs. More often I find that she is among the few who could sing 99% accuracy when comparing to what we hear on the stereo or CDs.  I know they could do a studio sound editing but she sings just like how it was recorded in the studio. Particularly, Sweet Love which she co-wrote.  It became an instance hit.  It was at the top of my listening pleasure.

Her songs are all about love. Romance songstress? Well,....you tell me. When you watch the video below you see a performer at her best. Powerful and a touch of purity in her song. She takes us to another level - the desire to be loved.

(Credit to You Tube)

This song was nominated in the 1987 Grammy's and won her the Best Song for R&B category.

Good night and a good week a head....

No comments:

Post a Comment