Saturday, October 20, 2012

One Last Cry - Brian McKnight

First of all I would like to thank to YOU TUBE.  They do wonders. I cannot image the man behind this website,...such genius. In this modern age of information technology, we get to watch concerts, video clips, movie, and lots of other on YOU TUBE. Only in recent weeks I find that YOU TUBE is actually addictive...one video after the other and another.  So tonight I am watching David Foster and Friends. Mr Foster is on piano while his guest artist performed. Donna Summer, Chaka Khan, Peter Cetera, All for One, Earth Wind & Fire just to name a few.....Then there was Brian McKnight.  This reminded me of my sister, Sheri. Mr McKinght is her all time favorite artist.  She will never misses any Brian McKnight's CD/Albums. She is a true #1 fan.

(Courtesy of You Tube)

Listening to Brain McKnight made me missing my sister.  I wonder if she has a special moment song of me.

Sheri is my one and only living blood relative from the same mother and father. I have no other sisters nor brothers. In comparison, my sister is smart, friendly, independent, and molds herself to be a perfectionist. A Superwoman said Karyn White.

Our biological mother passed away when I was 8 while Sheri was 3. We once spoke what can she remember about mommy...she said she barely could remember anything....You know, I pity Sheri,...yes I do. She was too young to understand about losing a mother.  But we turn out well, right, even without a mom to raise us. No one to explain to us about pimples, period, boyfriends, love, the birds and the bees.... We  practically raised ourselves. Its nature's way taking its own course.

While going up, we mind our own business. You do your stuff and I'll do mine. The 4 years age difference could be the factor why we have a wall between us. She was a little bit tom boyish because she likes to wear pants and as far as I can remember, she always had short haircuts.She is tough, well, of course, she took Teak Kwan Do lessons when in secondary school. We do connect at some level but I cannot withstand her Bossy attitude. Most times I can tolerate with her. She likes to bosses other people around but she cannot take it when other people does that to her. I know that she sometimes does not understand that her words and actions can hurt other people's feelings. Please bring yourself one level down. To her every actions must have a reasoning behind it. Her favorite question is WHY? Why this, why that. Yes, but not all reason can be explained.....it could have just happened! As simple as that. Couldn't it? People makes mistakes over and over again. Some learn and some keep on repeating them.....Why then?

I missed my sister tonight but I am in a "not talking period" to her.  It was that something happened a few weeks ago. Things must go her way, as she suggested and planned.  I am not here to criticized her but I guess I am growing old and getting very sensitive on issues I would laughed off, if it this were 10 years ago. I feel she should be taught a lesson. So that she knows why I acted the way I am acting now. It has been almost 3 weeks since we spoke to each other. Ha ha ha....we're acting childish. I know that. Well, we deserve it!

Even though from time to time, I am pissed off with my sister, I do love her. What can I say.... I am a reserve person and I do have problems letting my feelings out when expressing how much I love them.  Isn't it a waste?  My stepmother once wrote to me, "Shera, if you want to know your dad, ask yourself and look into yourself.  Your are a reflection of who your dad is." Yeah, on certain aspect dad and myself have our similarities...
Sheri's 1st birthday. My mom and me.
 Well Sheri, you won't be reading this after all. We have gone through so much in life, and I know this will not last long. Blood is thicker than water.....To my one and only sister, we only have each other and I dedicate this song to you... love ya sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment