Thursday, November 27, 2014

MOONDANCE - Van Morrison

I have been carrying around this song in my mobile phone for the past 4 years and tonight I wanna share it here. This song was released in 1970, yes when I was 2 years old.
Credit to You Tube and raskall85

This video clip was Van Morrison Moondance Live at Montreux 1980. Moondance was critically acclaimed when first released and established Morrison as a major artist.

After watching the above video, what do you think? It's not the original but a jazzy version which sounds perfect to my ears. I mean we are familiar with the original version so why not try listening to this? When it comes to jazz, I am all for it.

He had his eyes closed throughout the song only open it in a blink of a second when he tossed his face to the right. Never let go of the microphone and gripping it tight as though if he let go of it, he'll start swaggering. Whatever you might think such as was he high? or drunk? or tune in his own world? so be it. Let your imagination run wild. I did and it was a wonderful feeling....my way of dis-stress....Yesss...!!!! Oooo spooky.....

An Irish who started his professional career in his teens became prominent when the came out with Moondance album. Much of Morrison's music is structured circled the conventions of soul music and R&B. He produced Moondance himself "because he thinks no one else understand what he wants".

Here, I get to see the original Van Morrison a mysterious artist; very quiet and introvert.Wrote and produced this song which was also an album title. When I hear this kind of songs makes me question myself, wow..., wasn't it cool living in the 70s? Make love not war.

So I did a little research and found this,

"After being a performer for nearly ten years, Morrison began experiencing stage fright when performing for audiences of thousands, as opposed to the hundreds as he had experienced in his early career. He became anxious on stage and would have difficulty establishing eye contact with the audience. He once said in an interview about performing on stage, "I dig singing the songs but there are times when it's pretty agonizing for me to be out there." After a brief break from music, he started appearing in clubs, regaining his ability to perform live, albeit with smaller audiences."

There you go....as explained in wikipedia. He was not on drugs la.



Morrison is widely considered by many rock historians to be one of the most unusual and influential vocalists in the history of rock and roll. Some has gone so far as to say that "no white man sings like Van Morrison. Morrison has described his songwriting method that he write from a different place.He doesn't even know what it is called or if it has a name.

Personally ones appearance is not the main factor (sometimes it does....hihihihi) but first up there are talent and unique style in an artist. After that others can form naturally.

What more can I say, except lets listen to the song. Very suitable to put on when you are with the one you love..alone together, sitting by the beach under the moonlight....just a suggestion...Has it happened to me in that way? Not yet but waiting for it to happened some day..hahahaha.....

Well, it's a marvelous night for a moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies

And all the leaves on the trees are fallin'
To the sound of the breezes that blow
An' I'm trying to please to the callin'
Of your heart strings that play soft and low

And all the nights magic seems to whisper and hush
And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush
Can I just have one more moondance with you, my love?
Can I just make some more romance with you, my love?

Well, I wanna make love to you tonight
I can't wait 'til the morning has come
And I know now the time is just right
And straight in to my arms you will run

And when you come, my heart will be waiting
To make sure that you're never alone
There and then, all my dreams will come true, dear
There and then, I will make you my own

And every time I touch you, you just tremble inside
And I know how much I want you want me that you can't hide
Can I just have one more moondance with you, my love?
Can I just make some more romance with you, my love?

Can I just make some more romance with you, my love?
One more moon dance with you
In the moon light, on a magic night
All the moon light, on a magic night
Can I just have one more moondance with you, my love?




No comments:

Post a Comment