Friday, November 28, 2014

CINTA - Vina Panduwinata

This songs brings back memories during my school years in Penang. My dad had an acquaintance who was working in Jakarta, Uncle Wong.  He runs a hotel business there and he would travel to Penang to visit his daughter who was studying in USM, Helen was her name. Uncle Wong requested my dad to check on Helen on and off and to see if  she was doing fine while he was away.

Each time he comes back to Penang he will bring so many gifts for all of us such as cuddly soft toys, Indonesian Batik materials, table cloths and cassettes of Indonesia artists. That is when I learned about Vina Panduwinata. I simply love this song. It is short with simple lyrics.

Credit to You Tube and Dyan Devito.

The relationship between Uncle Wong's family and ours became stronger after a mishap happened to Helen. She was in a motorcycle accident and broke the bone in her thigh. She was hospitalized for a month and had metals sticking out of her thigh after the surgery. We would visit her in the hospital occasionally and soon after her recovery she continued with her studies.

The cassettes brought from Indonesia were very precious to me...I would sing along to most songs and especially Cinta. Who was Vina, I couldn't less at the time but the songs really shot me directly to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment