Saturday, September 29, 2012

Love Story - Andy Williams

 What can you say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died? That she was beautiful and brilliant? That she loved Mozart and Bach? The Beatles? And me?

In my Junior year at Uni., I registered for an English course called Film Interpretation.  It is part of my 4 credit hours requirement towards the completion in English Minor. I love this class. Not only you come to class twice a week (2 hours each) and watched various selection of movies, you get to doze off in the dark theater. We watched lots and lots of old movies by Chaplin, Ingmar Bergman, Francois Truffaut, Godard, Hitchcock, Olsen Wells, Kurosawa, and Woody Allen. The best part was in my final paper project (which carry 40% of the entire course) you get to pick a movie and lay out all films techniques in a particular movie.  I selected Love Story which was a popular movie back in the early 70's. This movie was directed by Arthur Hiller The heart of this movie is the theme song sang by the late Andy Williams. And that's what my paper was about,..relating the song to the plot.

 (Credit to You Tube)

This movie had new and up raising artist like Ryan O'neal and Ali MacGraw who were perfect match for their parts. Memorable tag line in this movie, "Love means never having to say you're sorry."

That Fall of 92 was the semester where I spent lots of money watching movies and later penned down reports for my instructor.  Among of the movies which still stick back of head was Schindler's List and Bodyguard.


Rest in Peace Mr Williams and thank you for your rendition of Love Story...

No comments:

Post a Comment