Monday, September 24, 2012

Soldier Of Fortune - Deep Purple

I have been a blogger since 2007.  Please excuse if my grammar and vocabulary are not up to standard.  Yes, they are my weaknesses even though I minor in English when I was in University. Ha ha ha.....I had my room-mate, Karen, to prove read most of my project papers!

Generally, in a song, I would listen to the melody and the lyrics will follow next. Lately, I have been encouraging an old school friend to start up with her own blog. We kept in touch on regular basis.  We have been friend since secondary school. Finally, she set up her own blog and this is the featured song.


                                                                                        (Credit to You Tube)

But I feel I'm growing older
And the songs that I have sung
Echo in the distance
Like the sound
Of a windmill goin' 'round
I guess I'll always be
A soldier of fortune

Most notable artists were John Lord and Ritchie Blackmore. Deep Purple, an English rock band was formed in 1968. The year I was born. They are cited as the pioneer of hard rock and heavy metal musicians.

Today was the first time I heard and enjoyed the groove in the song. Thank you my friend for introducing this song. It is the right choice of song featured on your blog.  My hopes that you keep on writing because writing does release some of our hidden feelings. Others may try to interpret what you feel but only you, would UNDERSTAND!


No comments:

Post a Comment